I find the study of life and the markets just as stimulating as the rush you get when you put some skin in the game and take on risk through investing. This site is another mode of expression for these passions.
I live in the UK and work in the financial services industry. I hold a BA (Hons) in Politics, Philosophy, and Economics. I’m currently a CFA Level I candidate and I’m also pursuing a Level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning. I aim to pursue a postgraduate qualification in financial mathematics in the near future, hopefully.
While I wish I could write about everything that interested me, I will have to settle on:
- Equity Research, Valuation, and Investment Analysis.
- Quantitative finance/Financial mathematics.
- Risk, Decision-making, Probability, and Statistics.
- Personal Finance.
- Economics and Moral and Political Economy.
- Islamic Finance.
- Philosophy of all of the above.
I opened this site for various reasons:
- As an experiment in public learning.
- To share and document my learning trajectory as a novice.
- To accumulate a portfolio of knowledge and information.
- To network with like-minded people.
- Most importantly, it’s fun.
Mohammed Ayaaz Adam.
Follow me on Twitter: